Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Amusing stories we've been meaning to post

Gene finds a new sleep aid

Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you have trouble sleeping through the night? Do you wish you could just have a good night's sleep? Well now there's hope.

From the makers of the antidepressant "Beer" comes "Tequila." Tequila's mono-medicinal treatment has two stages. Alcohol helps you fall asleep, and alcohol helps you stay asleep. Finally, you can have the deep, restful sleep you deserve.

Tequila.

Side effects of tequila include decreased motor skills, poor judgment, and sudden emotional swings. Make sure you can dedicate at least seven hours to sleep and/or partying before taking tequila. Do not operate heavy machinery while using tequila. Pregnant or nursing women should double their dosage as they are drinking for two.


Magic guitar pick day

About two years ago, I (Steve) had backstage passes to see Eric Clapton in concert. Clapton himself leaves immediately after the show to call his family and sleep, so I didn't get to meet him. However, I did get two guitar picks stamped with info about the tour. ("Eric Clapton USA tour 2008" etc.) They're pretty nice picks so I've been using them on tour.

Unfortunately, I lost one of them early in the tour. My set of picks was incomplete. *sad face composed primarily of punctuation*
Then, in Seattle, I saw a red guitar pick on the ground. I said to myself, "Sweet! Free guitar pick." I picked it up and started reading the text on it: "EC WORLD TOUR '06/'07"

Wait a minute... "EC"? I had just found the same pick I had lost, but from the previous year's tour!

And that's how I saved Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment