Tuesday, July 21, 2009

When a Band Loves a Girl

Most of the time it's us three dudes hanging out with each other, getting on each others' nerves, and punching each other in the arm. So when we get to a party or show or something with cute girls, or even just one cute girl, we start hitting on everyone pretty much. The funny thing is that a good percentage of the time, we all pick the same girl to flirt with.

That's right, if we're coming to your town, you may be the lucky girl to get a van full of rock stars/weirdos flirting with you all night. It's funny too because there's this tension where we all root for each other, but at the same time want the girl to like ME. Hence, we get pretty mixed results as wing men.

We have various styles and approaches. Apparently I use a different voice, and Gene knows instantly when I'm hitting on someone without even looking. Steve goes for an I-don't-care approach and cracks dumb jokes, which works really well, confusingly to me, as I usually just punch him in the arm when he starts cracking dumb jokes (you know, unless the rhythm section got stoned earlier). Gene plays it cool because he's cool I guess. It helps that I'm the good looking one, though I am the drummer and married and all.

We're ridiculous. Me in particular. Rock and Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment