Saturday, July 25, 2009

The girl running the open mic in Chicago who kept yelling, "Sexy beast!" at Gene while he played bought us a round and had this toast for us:

To all of you and your enormous dicks.

I couldn't stop laughing.

Then, the legitimate show we played the day after in Chicago was great. There were tons of people who were getting into it, my sister and brother in law were there, we played well, and the banter was good. Now, I yell, "Zombie Dog!" after roughly two thirds of the songs we play. Then,

Girl: My brother runs this place. I loved your set, BUT! WHAT IS YOUR BAND CALLED?!
Me: Uh... Zombie Dog.
Girl: Oh, huh.

Now we're hanging out in Toledo for a couple of days. We played a surprise show two nights ago, went dancing last night, and are about to hit up a sweat lodge which is some sort of insane sauna that's frankly quite scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment