Monday, June 15, 2009

Downtime

We know a lot of people around here, so, uh, we haven't exactly been doing much besides hanging out and sleeping. We did play a back porch outside Milwaukee for a crowd of 8 people and one million mosquitoes. Odin, my 4 month old son, came along and helped out on drums, by which I mean he whacked the snare once and drooled on the sticks.

In Chicago we tracked down a show for the return trip in a bar where the bartender told us this story after buying the small crowd a round of shots.

"My friend Mikey's birthday is today, but I buried him yesterday. He was checked into rehab, and those bitches checked him out. He didn't even have a heroin problem, it was for something else, but that's what he OD'd on. They drove around with him dead in the back seat for 3 hours. He was 24. He had a girlfriend and an 18 month old. Today everyone is getting fuuuucked up."

Also,

"I'm dating someone out in Seattle. He's one of the fishermen from Deadliest Catch. (she shows us a picture signed by all the fishermen) I don't even like seafood! Last time I was out there I asked, 'Uh, can I have a steak?'"

1 comment: