Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fargo, ND, Rock Capital of the World!

We started by watching a brutal hardcore show in a coffee shop basement, and met a dude who knew a dude who needed a band to fill in 3 blocks away.

We played for beer. We opened for The Lonely H who were a bunch of very talented 20 year olds growing their mustaches as hard as they could. They've been at it since 13. The last band was The Fillers. We helped get the dance party started, then they let us crash on their extremely comfortable couches.

Me to the first cute girl: Come dance! (She comes up to dance)
First cute girl to second cute girl: Come up here! (She comes up too)
Both cute girls to Gene: Dance with us!
30 seconds pass.
Second cute girl to Gene: Your hands are too low. I'm not comfortable with this.
First cute girl to me: I mean, we can dance, but I have a boyfriend.
10 seconds pass.
First cute girl is dancing with second cute girl. I'm slow dancing with Gene.

Rock and Roll!

2 comments: