Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tensions Run Stupid

I had a great day. The open mic night was folky yet fun, I got to hang out with Laura, an old friend from college, and I had pho for lunch. The rest of the band had a slightly rougher time. Excerpts:

Me: Gene wants us to go check out that free band over there. Want me to unplug you? (unplug)
Steve's Computer: Beep!
Steve gives me a look of contempt.
I plug the computer back in.
Steve's Computer: Beep!
Steve: STOP UNPLUGGING AND PLUGGING IN MY COMPUTER!!!

Me: (driving) Where to park... I guess we could just park in a garage. There's one...
Gene: Turn left.
I turn right, looking for a cheaper garage.
Gene: I AM GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!!!

Steve: Then we'll do Total Eclipse.
Gene: I am sick of butchering that song! Our time will be better served doing originals!
Steve: No! People like covers!
Simmering tension...

Tee Hee!

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading the blog on and off...but this morning I decided to settle down and just give it a thorough looksy...it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete